Fastify CourseGet your ticket
Fastify is an HTTP framework for Node.js that has been gaining popularity in the last few years, raising to 4M downloads/month.
Fastify offers a great developer experience without compromising performance.
It’s suitable for building monoliths or microservices, and anything in between.
Co-Founder and CTOPlatformatic.dev
What we'll do
- Setup your first routes: In this section, we will cover the basics of building Fastify applications: GET and POST routes, radix-prefix trie routing, listen(), inject(), typescript support.
- Validation: Fastify ships with JSON schema validation built-in as not correctly validating inputs is the first cause of security breaches. The default validator for Fastify is Ajv. In this section, we will cover how to validate your HTTP requests with JSON schema: unwanted data in query strings, parameters or bodies are not a problem anymore. Since writing JSON Schema could be cumbersome, we will also cover 'fluent-json-schema' and 'typebox'.
- Hooks, Decorators:Fastify uses lifecycle hooks instead of middlewares. Let’s learn how to use them to customize how Fastify process our requests.
- Encapsulation and plugins: Fastify allows applications to be structured into independent plugins, which can be used to migrate between monoliths and microservices. Plugins can also be used as a simple yet effective dependency injection engine enabling code reuse at scale: as of today, there are more than 300 Open Source plugins you can use.
- File system based routing: Learn how to use @fastify/autoload to structure our routing in multiple folders.
- GraphQL: Learn how to use GraphQL with the Mercurius plugin.
- Platformatic: In this last module, we will show how Platformatic builds on top of Fastify and how to use it in your own project.
- The Fastify community: In this section, we will cover the fundamental principles of the Fastify ecosystem and how you can be a part of it.
The workshop is happening in Verona, in the same venue as the conference. Coffee breaks and lunch are included. Please note that tickets for the workshop are sold separately from the conference.